Please see below for our 2017 Rates & Dates.
NOTE: Some of our sessions are FULL. Please call the camp office for availability prior to registering.
Please find our in-camp rates & dates below. You may also want to check out our canoe tripping program rates and information regarding financial assistance.
Also, please take a moment to review TSC Terms & Conditions below.
2 week session
Ages 7-13July 16 - 27 or August 13 - 24 or
+ TaxSign up
2 week session
Ages 7-13July 1 - 15 or July 29 - August 12 or
+ TaxSign up
Ages 7-16July 1 - 27 or July 29 - August 24 or
+ TaxSign up
Ages 7-16July 1 - August 24 or
+ TaxSign up
4 day session
Ages 6 & 7July 12 - 15 or July 16 - 19 or August 9 - 12 or August 13 - 16 or
+ TaxSign up
Leadership in Training
August month session
Ages 15 & 16July 29 - August 24 or
+ TaxSign up
2017 Camper Applications Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Enrolment, Cancellation & Refunds
Please ensure you have carefully read all enrollment agreement items below, including our procedures for cancellation and refunds.
The following shall apply to all enrollments and fees:
1. The Taylor Statten Camps makes every effort to place campers in cabin/canoe trip groupings with their friends they request. The camp offers up to two cabin mate preferences (we cannot consider more). We ask for your cooperation and trust in our ability to place your child in a positive and cohesive cabin group. Annual progression through our camper sections is based on a complicated formula, at the full discretion of our Camp Directors, consisting of age of the camper, the age of other enrolled campers and overall enrollment, session length, and previous camp experience. There is no guarantee of a cabin placement, specified cabin mates, or placement in a particular camper section, regardless of any request you may make. We do not accept applications that are contingent on section or cabin grouping requests, unless such requests are made in compliance with TSC’s Long Trip Information & Application Policy. Cabin mate dis-requests will not be accepted.
3. The parents or guardians listed on the front of this application (referred to in this agreement as the parents) agree to pay the full fee by April 1, 2017 and to pay interest on all overdue fees at the rate of 24% per annum determined daily and calculated and payable monthly not in advance. For enrollments made after April 1, 2017, full fees must be paid at the time of enrollment.
4. Any cancellation of enrollment must be in writing. Emails are accepted. The Camp reserves the right to cancel enrollment if fees are not paid in full by April 1, 2017. No refunds shall be made except strictly as follows:
a) if the application is withdrawn before its acceptance or if enrollment is cancelled before April 1, 2017, the fee deposit less a $400 administration fee will be refunded;
b) if enrollment is cancelled after April 1, 2017 but before May 15, 2017, the fee deposit will not be refunded but all other fees then paid will be refunded; and
c) if enrollment is cancelled for any reason after May 15, 2017, no amount will be refunded and any unpaid part of the full fee shall be payable.
d) no amounts will be refunded for the cancellation of late enrollments made after May 15, 2017.
e) in addition to the above cancellation terms, deposits and Long Trip Fees already paid are non-refundable after a camper position on a Long Trip is confirmed by the Taylor Statten Camps.
5. Your camper’s enrollment may, at the parents’ request, be changed from a July session to an August session (or vice-versa), accommodations permitting, at any time upon payment of a $200.00 administration fee. If a Full Session enrollment is changed to the July or August session, or if the camper is re-enrolled after a previous cancellation, a $300.00 administration fee will be charged. For a reduction in enrollment from a one month to a two week session, or if the camper is re-enrolled after a previous cancellation, a $300 administration fee will be charged. For a reduction in enrollment from a two week session to a Try Out session, a $200 administration fee will be charged.
6. No fee refund will be made for campers arriving late or leaving early, for any reason.
7. No refunds will be given to campers who are sent home due to any violation of the Taylor Statten Camps Code of Conduct, as determined by the Camp Directors, in their sole discretion.
8. In the event of cancellation or reduction of enrollment the camp does not apply deposits or fees to siblings, or to subsequent years. The financial obligations of camp are fixed for the season and the withdrawal of a camper does not lessen operating expenses.
9. These terms and conditions will apply to all fees paid by credit cards or other means regardless of whether future payments following the initial deposit are automatically collected by credit card or by other means at a later agreed date as set out on our website. Cancellation, dispute, or/or reversal of credit card payments does not constitute cancellation of your payment obligations under these terms and conditions.
Insurance & Fees
Medical Insurance is mandatory for all campers attending our camps or canoe trips who are resident outside of the Province of Ontario. Medical coverage should include GP and outpatient care (which is usually outside the scope of most standard travel insurance policies). Canadian residents who reside OUTSIDE the province of Ontario should also check with their Provincial or Territorial Health provider that they are covered whilst in Ontario; if in any doubt it is highly recommended that Private Medical Insurance is purchased whilst your child(ren) is in Ontario. Notwithstanding your place of residency, your attention is drawn to our clauses below that deal with your responsibility to pay for trip evacuations and/or other medical fees.
Travel and Cancellation Insurance is also highly recommended for all campers, and in particular for those enrolled on one of our special canoe trips. For those enrolled on one of our Quetico Canoe Trips, you are reminded that the last part of the trip is spent in the Canada/USA international boundary waters in the US State of Minnesota. Your Canadian Health Insurance plan will not likely cover your child(ren) in this respect.
Camp fees are all inclusive (riding, most supplies for arts and crafts, laundry, etc.), except for transportation, special canoe trips (where not already included), items purchased at tuck, and taxes. These rates are for all campers including brothers and sisters. All fees are payable at par in Toronto in CANADIAN FUNDS on or before April 1, 2017. A Deposit Fee of $1200.00 ($2000.00 for Full Session Campers including those applying for Quetico, Ishpatina, Bisco, and 50 Day Canoe Trips) must accompany each application. The deposit is considered non-refundable once confirmation of a place on any of our special canoe trips. The process for assigning special trip requests will begin January 15. Your attention is drawn to the TSC Long Trip Information & Application Policy, which form an essential part of these Terms & Conditions when applying for any Long Trip.
We are pleased to offer credit card payments through Visa and Mastercard. This is the preferred method of payment for our families outside Canada. We DO NOT recommend using international bank transfers as we have had difficulties in receiving money in a timely fashion. We also accept payment in Canadian funds drawn on a Canadian bank cheque or international money order. We do not accept foreign cheques. Do not send a non-Canadian cheque marked “PAYABLE IN CANADIAN FUNDS”, as it is not negotiable at any Canadian bank. A fee of $50.00 will be charged for any cheque returned to the Taylor Statten Camps due to non-sufficient funds. If you are unable to pay using one of the aforementioned methods please contact our business office to discuss other options that may be available.
All camper applications will be considered on a first come, first serve basis, depending on the availability of space.
1. The parents acknowledge that camp takes place in Ontario, submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario courts and agree that:
a) the Ontario courts shall have jurisdiction over any claim, legal dispute or cause of action arising out of camp, alleged breach of contract, or alleged negligence or other claim that leads to a legal proceeding against The Taylor Statten Camp Company, Limited, its directors, officers or employees.
b) if any such legal proceedings are commenced, they will be commenced and heard only in Ontario; and
c) the resolution of all disputes and the provisions of this agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Ontario laws.
2. The parent agrees to update the camp of any camp/school issues, (suspension, discipline) or social, emotional, or psychological issue that could affect his/her child or any other child, at least 2 weeks prior to their child’s arrival at camp.
3. The parents of the camper consent to the medical treatment of the camper by the camp doctor or any other medical doctor, as required in such doctor’s discretion, and agree to pay all hospital, prescription and over-the-counter drug charges/fees (including but not limited to emergency Epi-Pen usage and administration) and other medical fees and expenses incurred with respect to the camper and to reimburse The Taylor Statten Camp Company Limited promptly for any such fees and expenses paid by the camp (whether paid upfront by the camp or billed/paid at a later date) with respect to the camper. The parents further agree to pay all transportation charges to/from Canoe Lake and/or the Outpost and canoe trip evacuation fees from other remote locations to/from any hospital, doctor’s office, or clinic incurred by the camp (including but not limited to fees for an ambulance, sea plane, air ambulance, taxi, and/or camp vehicle).
5. The parents of the camper agree for and on behalf of themselves and the camper that any photographs taken of the camper by camp personnel or otherwise authorized by a camp director may be used by the camp without charge in promotional material, including brochures, slide shows, videos and websites.
6. The person signing this contract has legal guardianship of the camper named and acts as custodial parent. In this capacity, the person is in agreement and is aware that the camper named is attending camp and this person has the legal authority to make decisions on behalf of both the mother and father. All parents, siblings, heirs, executors, successors or assigns agree to read the terms of this contract and agree that unless they contact us in writing they are in agreement with the terms herein.
7. The Camp Directors have the authority to search camper belongings, including mail and packages, for items prohibited by camp. Prohibited items will be removed from camper belongings in accordance with our Camper Code of Conduct, a copy of which is available on this website.
8. The parent agrees to read the Taylor Statten Camp Guide (distributed in the spring) for full awareness and understanding of the rules and policies of camp and to review this handbook and all applicable rules/policies with the camper. The parent understands that items not permitted in camp will be confiscated, not returned to the camper, and (if applicable) given to charity.
9. The parent of the camper acknowledges that the Taylor Statten Camps (and associated canoe trips and facilities) is a rustic summer camp for children in the wilderness of Algonquin Park (and for canoe trips in other remote areas and parks). The Taylor Statten Camps is not a holiday resort; there is no electricity, heating, or air conditioning, or washroom facilities in accommodation cabins, and the camps operate a “back to basics” approach in every aspect of daily life at camp. Campers swim in lake water (not chlorinated pools), and learn to live in harmony with nature and their surroundings. Residence in Algonquin Park (and other parks and remote areas on canoe trip) is shared with wild animals, and campers are encouraged to respect and appreciate these animals. Mosquitoes and other insects are part of camp life. Make sure that your camper has enough non-aerosol bug repellent with them. Although laundry services are provided, all campers are required to regularly participate in cabin cleaning duties, and section cleanliness. At meal times, food is served family style in the dining halls, with the exception of canoe trip where campers often participate in the preparation of food over open fires in a rustic manner.
10. The swimming and canoeing activities at camp are mandatory for all campers. Participation in all other activities is voluntary although all campers are encouraged to participate in all activities. Session lengths, weather conditions and age will dictate the amount of times each camper participates in each camp activity; The Taylor Statten Camps does not guarantee the participation in any particular activity. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, participation in canoe trip is mandatory for each camper. The duration and route of a canoe trip is dependent on the age and session length of each camper.
11. The Camp reserves the right to dismiss a camper from camp and send her or him home at the expense of the parents at any time without notice when it is deemed to be in the best interest of either the child or camp, or for violation of any camp rule, all as determined by camp in its sole and absolute discretion. Parents shall reimburse camp for any intentional damage or defacement of camp property. The cost of removing graffiti or fixing broken windows will be added to the campers tuck bill.
12. Any additional transportation including emergency canoe trip evacuations provided by the camp for any reason shall be paid for by the parents.
13. All campers participating in a Quetico Canoe Trip MUST have in their possession a passport with an expiry date beyond 31 December 2017. Usage of a Nexus Card, CANPASS Card, US Passport Card, Enhanced State/Provincial Driving License, Resident Alien Registration Card (US) or Permanent Resident (Canada) Card or a State/Provincial Birth Certificate is NOT permitted for participation in the Quetico trip (regardless of the fact that usage of these aforementioned documents may otherwise permit a lawful land-border crossing between Canada and The United States.) Quetico Campers who will be travelling on passports issued by governments other than Canada and The United States should contact the TSC Business Office for further guidance on special visa procedures that may apply.
Waiver and Release of Liability
I acknowledge that attendance and/or participation at overnight camp involves risk and hazards incidental thereto, including allergic reactions, all of which are assumed by the parent. I further recognize that there is an element of risk in taking part in outdoor activities. I’m also aware of the risks and dangers inherent in swimming, water sports, land sports, horseback riding, high ropes, archery, canoe tripping, hiking/portaging, living in a natural and rustic surrounding, and ground and air transportation. I am also aware that my child(ren) will be sharing a camper cabin and/or tent with other children of a similar age, that although staff supervision will always be nearby, direct visual supervision 24 hours per day is not possible.
Knowing of the inherent risks (such as, but not limited to, exposure, animal bites, equipment failure, hazards of the road, allergies, trails, changing weather conditions, personal interaction, etc.) and the rigors required of said activities, I certify that my child(ren) is fully capable of participating in the camp program and activities.
On behalf of my child(ren) I accept for use, as is, any equipment provided in good condition and accept full responsibility for care of equipment while in my child(ren)’s possession.
I release and hold harmless for whatever reason, including negligence, THE TAYLOR STATTEN CAMP COMPANY LIMITED, it’s officers, employees, sponsors, and agents from any action related to these risks and dangers and any and all liability arising from my child(ren)’s attendance and/or participation in the camp program. These terms shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for my heirs, and all members of my family.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE AND BY ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION I AGREE IT IS MY INTENTION TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE THE TAYLOR STATTEN CAMP COMPANY LIMITED FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR WRONGFUL DEATH BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.